Dark Clouds Flags and Scarves being held up in the Wonderwall

Photo by Matt Johnson (mattjphoto.net)

Wednesday, August 23, 2023 7:00pm

Black Hart of Saint Paul – Back Room

Board Members

Present: Jackson Smith, Alicia Pedersen, Meagan Weber, Andrew Bruski, Jack McFarland, Maggi Heyer, Nick Moore, Jens Selin

Absent: Andy Wattenhofer, Andy Kahl, Jim Crist

  1. Call to Order 7:07pm
  1. Last Meeting Minutes June 2023 Dark Clouds Board Meeting
    • Alicia moves to approve, Meagan seconds
    • All approve
  1. Reports of Officers and Committees
    • Treasurer’s Report
      • Will look over and put questions in Slack
    • Committee Updates
      • Merch
        • Released koozies
        • Working on a bunch of stuff (including a patch)
        • Hoping to release a number of things by end of September
      • Matchday
        • Still need more capos
          • Leagues Cup was rough for all SGs
        • Getting more information out would be nice
          • Highlight in a newsletter?
          • Pre-season primer with other volunteer opportunities?
          • September Spotlights?
        • New banners and flags are on hold at the moment – waiting for 20th Anniversary
      • Mar/Com/Social
        • Need additional help at this point
      • Membership
        • Looking at dates for an additional (last?) scarf handout
          • Scarves not picked up will be mailed
        • MNUFC2 game with a tailgate?
          • September 17 – last 2 Home Game
        • Looking into doing a Member survey
      • Partnership
        • Working with Sociable to add them as a partner
      • Tifo
        • Sounders game likely last of the year
        • Last minute planning feels like it hurts volunteering
          • Earlier Save the Dates will likely help
      • Silver Lining
        • Meeting pushed slightly
        • Central Honors Philando was this past weekend – successful event
        • TC Soul Futsol was also great
        • TC Oktoberfest coming up
          • Sign up will be out shortly
      • Party Planning
        • Starting to find a date for end-of-year party
          • Likely pre-Thanksgiving
        • Getting auction items together
  1. Old Business
    • Updates on Action Items from June
      • None
    • Other Old Business
      • 20th Anniversary Update
        • Artist is lined up for updated branding
          • Working on proposal and contract needs
        • Sam Solberg
          • Status on the Homage project?
      • Zarek WW Partnership
        • Hats through Official League are here
          • Sold through WW Shop
        • More direct communication with players would be helpful in the future
        • Funds will go to Pinky Swear Foundation ($3,500)
          • Hopeful to get match from team
        • Pins will be sold in the Team Store
          • Set of 4 pins
            • One from player perspective
            • One for each SG
          • Looking for a single designer – hopefully picked by end of August
  1. New Business
    • Mar/Com/Social
      • Volunteer recruitment
        • Unpaid (or small pay) internship messaging?
        • Professional experience messaging?
        • Start with an ask
        • Need a team of some sort
      • Social media platforms
        • Dark Clouds working on accounts for new platforms
        • TNE moved to Discord – thoughts on using it for us?
          • Slack for business, Discord for social?
        • Linktree has been created
  1. Open to Board
    • None
  1. Open to Public
    • None
  1. Set Date for Next Meeting
    • Before the LA Galaxy match on Wednesday, September 20 (7:00pm)
  1. Adjournment 8:36pm

Leave a Reply