Dark Clouds Flags and Scarves being held up in the Wonderwall

Photo by Matt Johnson (mattjphoto.net)

Monday, May 29, 2023 3:00pm 

Black Hart

Board Members Present: Jackson Smith, Alicia Pedersen, Meagan Weber, Nick Moore, Andrew Bruski, Jack McFarland, Maggi Heyer

Absent: Andy Wattenhofer, Andy Kahl, Jim Crist, Jens Selin

I.           Call to Order 3:13pm

II.          Last Meeting Minutes April 2023 Dark Clouds Board Meeting

Approved with 7-0 vote via Slack ended Wednesday, May 3, 2023

III.          Reports of Officers and Committees                                    

  • Treasurer’s Report Board of Directors report 5/29/2023
    • On par with expectations
    • Looking to schedule a separate finance update meeting to get better understanding of position
  • Committee Updates
    • Merch
      • 449 Heartberry shirts sold
        • ⅔ shipped out already
        • Good collaboration between all 3 SGs
      • Pride scarves arrive Wednesday
        • $5 per will be donated
      • New item coming shortly
      • New shirt in early to mid June
    • Matchday
      • Trying to get another WW matchday meeting
      • Starting to gain new capos and getting them trained
    • Mar/Com/Social
      • More frequent stuff would be nice
    • Silver Lining
      • Free Bikes for Kids event trying to get scheduled
      • TC Soul (Futsal) looking for help
        • Weekly Saturday events with volunteering after
          • July 8, 15, 22, 29
        • Ask for 3 people for each shift
          • 2 shifts per day (7:30 – 11:00 am; 11:00 am – 2:30 pm)
      • No events in August and September at this point
      • Oktoberfest 10/6 & 10/7
      • Looking into another donation event for CANMN
    • Membership
      • Still doing scarf handout
        • Taking a break after Pride game
        • 373 picked up, 367 remaining to be picked up
        • 900+ unaffiliated
    • Partnership
      • Need to do a couple check-ins with partners
        • Had a couple of snafus with people using Card of Wonder
      • Looking to expand to a few new partners
    • Tifo
      • Pride tifo is done and ready to go
        • Couple of additional pieces still being worked on
    • Party Planning Committee
      • Not a lot right now
      • Have received a couple donations already

IV.          Old Business

  • Update on Action Items from April
    • Soccer Stars Follow Up – Meagan
      • Waiting for a response
  • Other Old Business
    • Prideraiser
      • Doing it this year
        • $115.50 per goal at this point
      • Donating to QUEERSPACE Collective
    • Pre-match hosted with OutFront MN on Saturday, June 3

V.          New Business

  • 20th Anniversary Update
    • Follow up about project with audio story group (Homage)
    • Working on determining graphic designer to work with

VI.      Open to Board

  • DC to MNUFC2 game
    • Work for a weekend where we don’t have a MNUFC home game

VI. Open to the Public

  • None

VII. Set Date for Next Meeting

  • Jackson will sent

VIII.     Adjournment 4:02pm

Leave a Reply