The Dark Clouds is an incredible supporters group because of its dedicated, talented, and community-minded members. You have the opportunity to help organize and guide this incredible group as an elected member of the Dark Clouds board.
Do you have ideas to make the Dark Clouds better? Is there a voice or cause you’d like to represent during decision-making? Are you looking for a way to mix soccer fandom and community service? Each year Dark Clouds members elect two members to serve on our board for two-year terms, and we would be honored if you would nominate yourself for one of these positions.
What is the Dark Cloud Board?
The board is the decision-making body that stamps the official Dark Clouds seal on everything from merchandise to messaging, from chants to charity work. The DCMN board works to represent each of our members by carefully considering what we collectively endorse as a group. Elected board members, along with appointed community chairs, make sure our events are well organized, our plans are clear, and our community is accessible and growing.
What would I be signing up to do?
The Dark Clouds board consists of 4 elected members (two board terms elected every year) and the committee chairs selected by the President. The four elected members are appointed as President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary by a vote of the board. Being elected to the board means you will find yourself appointed to one of these roles.
Your responsibilities could include helping the organization project-manage, helping to coordinate volunteers for tifo construction, charity work, merch fulfillment, community building, and more. You’ll collaborate with other board members, committee chairs, and sometimes reps from other supporters groups to help us continue and advance all the good we do and the fun we have together.
We need your help. Nominate yourself for a board position today!
Here’s more information on this year’s election:
- Nominations – Open now through February 22nd. Two board member spots are up for election this year.
- Election – Voting open February 26th – March 1st. (DC members will get an emailed ballot link.) Be on the lookout for a Livestream event on the 26th where you can meet the candidates and learn about the upcoming year.
- Winners Announced – March 3rd
Nominees and voters must be Dark Clouds members.
Who is a Dark Clouds Member:
- Season ticket holders (for either the 2020 or 2021 season) in the Wonderwall who selected ‘Dark Clouds’ as their affiliation in Seatgeek (Season ticket holders who have chosen to affiliate with other groups or have not selected an affiliation are not considered Dark Clouds members.).
- An individual who has purchased a Dark Clouds Individual Membership
Every Dark Clouds member will receive an email from our election provider on March 6th with a link to their secure ballot. Votes will be cast electronically and will be anonymous. Each Dark Clouds member is entitled to a single vote in the election.
Voting will open on February 26th and close at midnight on March 1st.
Winners will be announced by March 3rd.