DCMN large flag over the Wonderwall in Allianz

Photo by Matt Johnson (mattjphoto.net)

Sunday, January 28, 2024 3:00pm

Black Hart of Saint Paul

Board Members

Present: Jackson Smith, Meagan Weber, Maggi Heyer, Andrew Bruski, Alicia Pedersen, Andy Wattenhofer, Andy Kahl,  Jens Selin, Nick Moore

Absent: Jack McFarland, Jim Crist

  1. Call to Order 3:04pm
  1. Last Meeting Minutes
  1. Reports of Officers and Committees
    • Treasurer’s Report
    • Committee Updates
      • Merch
        • Ordered 20th anniversary shifts
          • Some available at the event and will be on pre-sale shortly after
        • Hoodie also coming for pre-sale next week
        • Patch incoming
        • Finalizing 2024 Membership scarf with designer
      • Matchday
        • Waiting on new design for new flags – especially new BFF
        • New banners
          • Dark Clouds
          • All are Welcome
          • Red Card to Racism
        • Replacing a few megaphones
        • Starting a Dark Clouds Matchday social handle to increase engagement
      • Mar/Com/Social
        • Callendar is put together for Day of Recognition dates
        • Designs for matchday posts and others in the works
        • Submit requests as early as possible this season
          • Be sure to fill out the form so multiple people can see it!
        • Switch to Fedica has been completed
      • Membership
        • Member Survey in the works
        • Scarf handout will be more limited after the start of the season
      • Partnership
        • Working on Socible still – getting close 
        • Talisman partnership also in the works
      • Tifo
        • Have a design and dates for Home Opener tifo
          • Shifts February 10-11 and February 16-18
        • Rough sketch of at least 4 designs
      • Silver Lining
        • Appreciation party on February 27 at Utepils
        • Luminary on February 13
      • Party Planning
        • Annual Meeting – February 4 at Black Hart 2:00pm
  1. Old Business
    • Updates on Action Items from December
      • Charitable Merch and Donations – Meagan
        • In the works – will be happening soon
      • Expected Annual Payments
        • Double check that you added expected month for larger payments
    • Other Old Business
      • 20th Anniversary Update
        • Logo is very close to final. Will be ready for February 4 reveal.
      • Election
        • Nomination form is available and open.
        • Nominations close on February 4 before our event
        • Voting will last a week
  1. New Business
    • Wonderwall Financial Update
      • Ryan has done a lot of work to separate WW money from DC money prior to WW formation
      • We have a good idea of our financial backstop – if needed
    • Matt Johnson Photographer Contract
      • Last year was $1,000
      • More DC specific shots would be nice
      • Hope to get some pre-game photos this coming year
        • Could be good to pick a game and put it out there to get as many people as possible
      • Definitely interested in re-upping the contract – Andy will reach out about it
    • Chant App
      • QR codes will be available with reveal at February 4 meeting
        • Hope to be able to allow people to put up the code at games and other events
    • ISC Updates
      • Breakouts were more discussion and being helpful – not just complaining
      • We (as part of Wonderwall) won Tifo of the Year!
      • We are doing good things in the community
      • One frustrating part was that no Open Cup discussion happened
        • Planned to have an ISC-wide Zoom call to discuss options if MLS sucks
        • Talk happened about doing a “Why is US Open Cup important” social media posts
        • Put ideas on Slack about feelings
      • Away Travel should be better this year – apart from Austin
        • ISC made a formalized agreement of standards with MLS
    • Boot Soccer Tournament – February 17
      • We will reach out for interest
        • Will figure out what to do about the tickets
        • Motion made by Andy to pay the registration fee – Second by Nick
          • Unopposed approval
  1. Open to Board
    • D4C
      • Invoicing via Paypal this year
      • Common Bond will be the partner again this year
        • We helped to subsidize a building of theirs this year
        • Looking into sponsoring families from the building to come to a game this year
      • Will be run through DGS this year to help standardize and make more efficient
    • Meagan no longer on DGS board
    • Thunderwall Anniversary
      • Missed their celebration last year, don’t want to steal our Anniversary
      • Want to do something to honor 5 years of being at Allinaz
        • Birthday theme night
      • Okay with essentially everything apart from Merch for it
  1. Open to Public
    • 20th Anniversary Video
      • Adam Wells willing to help out with some video production stuff
  1. Set Date for Next Meeting
    • Slack poll in the next few days – between February 11 and 16th
  1. Adjournment 4:59pm

Leave a Reply