Daniel Mick Photo - For All Forever Capo

The Board of Directors’ next meeting will be held over Zoom on Thursday, September 16 at 7:00pm.

The meeting is open to the public. Please email president@dark-clouds.com to request access to the online meeting.

Dark Clouds Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Wednesday, August 11, 2021



Board Members Present: Nick Moore, Meagan Weber, David Zeller, Alicia Pedersen, Andrew Bruski, Ty Hoagland, Jack McFarland, Shaun Sapala, Maggi Heyer

Absent: Samantha Solberg, Andy Kahl, Andy Wattenhofer

Guests: Todd Anderson

I. Call to Order

  1. 7:04 p.m.

II. Approval of Minutes

  1. David Zeller made a motion to approve, Maggi Heyer seconded. Motion passes.

III. Reports of Officers and Committees                                    

a. Treasurer’s Report

  1. None.

b. Committee Updates 


  1. Nothing much to report. Engagement has been low, looking for designers for some of their ideas. New scarf should be available in September. Split merch at BH and Eagan Arms a couple of weeks ago, could have been better at Eagan Arms. Looking for ways to get more people to go to Morrisey’s and EA. More shirts are on the way.


  1. Two new capos have started in the past few weeks and a third who will be hopefully starting in the next couple of weeks. Hoping the current Covid cases trend down so we don’t have to adjust again. MORE FLAGS! Looking to purchase more for the section. Keeping people engaged is the goal right now.


  1. I’m sending a newsletter tomorrow and it will include a VIDEO version on the YouTube because we fancy.
  2. I’d like to include short video bios of volunteers to help humanize us and encourage other people to sign up. Shout if you’re willing to do something like that, totally open about format or whatever.

Silver Lining

  1. Futsal league weekend has been done-kids play and then head out into the community for an hour of service. Looking to also book something with CANMN. Team is doing a Habitat for Humanity event that we will help facilitate signups for. TC Sol and Seeds to Harvest have a tourney coming up that they need help with and we will move forward with that once we have more info. TC Oktoberfest event in the works which would result in monetary donations to an org of our choice (it conflicts with a home game now, so we’re trying to figure that out). Zeller suggested reaching out to the Mpls Citizens for help. 


  1. Meeting last month and farewell to Ashley; Sonia, new committee member attended(!) and we discussed an event at Ninth Street Soccer-currently trying to figure out logistics. Combine a Dark Clouds Academy and maybe offer a space to try out new chants. Nick will reach out to Ninth Street re: event logistics. Look at late September/early October. 


  1. Morrisey’s launch as a watch party location (both were late games); will work to hype the Houston match. $4.50 Summits is the match day deal-working on making this more clear to customers and servers/bartenders. Watch party captains have had low engagement so far. Zeller will have info re: MSS event. 


  1. Ty will be leaving for Norway soon. Has notes written down that he can pass off to us so we know how things have been done in the past and how to move forward. He recommends moving towards having a unified WW Tifo committee with a chairperson. We will miss Ty!

IV. Old Business

  1. Party Planning Committee:
    1. Committee will meet before August meeting-we did not do this yet. We will set a time. 
  2. Start discussion about Membership Cards-move to digital? Keep the same type of cards as we have been doing? This should be a WW initiative, not a DC initiative. WW should be handling these cards in whatever capacity they are in.
    1. Table to August. Put this to our WW reps and see if we can get this moving. 
  3. D4C Update
    1. Collection emails have gone out! 56% collected funds for the first round in the first week. DGS has been collecting all of the payments and reporting. 09/15 will be the next cutoff for collection. Work on promoting a little more. Nick will have some help doing the reporting side of D4C, so he can spend more time on that part.

V. New Business

  1. Ticket swapping on Slack (Bruski)-gone a little overboard on the general channel. Can we create a separate ticket channel for this? Yes-and we can make it so people are notified to post in that channel. 
  2. Volunteer bios (Andy K-see MarComm update)-can we all commit to creating a bio to get him started? 
  3. Team wants suggestions of where the SGs would like them to donate money (Maggi)-Alicia suggested some local Midway orgs to get them more involved in the community. Hamline-Midway Coalition, etc. Zeller will do some research; let’s throw ideas into the BOD channel. 

VI. Open to Board

  1. New CEO announcement seems well received. 

VI. Open to Public

  1. Todd is looking for ways to get involved and will be at Morrisey’s going forward. 

VII. Set Date for Next Meeting

  1. Will be on Zoom for the foreseeable future. 

VIII. Adjournment

  1. 8:03pm

Leave a Reply