Dark Clouds Board of Directors Meeting 1/2
The Board of Directors’ next meeting will be held over Zoom on Saturday, January 2 at 7:00pm.
The meeting is open to the public. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the online meeting.
Dark Clouds Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
November 29th, 2020
Board Members Present: Nach Karnik, Sam Solberg, Meagan Weber, Andy Wattenhofer, David Zeller, Andrew Bruski, Shaun Sapala, Maggi Heyer, Alec Vohnoutka , Andy Kahl, Ty Hoagland
Absent: Jack McFarland
I. Call to Order
Sam calls to order at 5:03PM
II. Approval of Minutes
Sam made a motion to approve, Nach w. Seconded. Motion approved
III. Reports of Officers and Committees
a. Treasurer’s Report
- Andy has had conversations with Abe and WW
- Andy has communicated that accounting needs to be formalized before end of the year. Not a lot has been done on the WW side.
b. Committee Updates
- Merch sales have fallen off, as they always do this time of year.
- New presale shirt coming soon, will be last merch item of the year.
- Two new co-chairs coming in.
- Nach will need to hand off some Team Pass(password manager) access. Finish this conversation in New Business
- Looking for newsletter author
- New chairs will help with this search
- No updates over the past month
- Final, final call for shipping 2020 membership scarves.
- Erin did shipping of what was in stock
- 100 more scarves will be ordered to fulfill 77 remaining
- Lots of auction topics in new business
- Meeting soon to talk about 2021
- Reaching to partners will have to wait until after 2021 as well.
- Not a lot new, United Together still up and doing well.
- Talking with the team around using banners they have covering seats currently.
- Abe has suspended tifo because of the teams lack of action around the Black Lives Matter movement.
IV. Old Business
- Update on Action Items from October 2020
- All addressed in New Business
V. New Business
- Dark Clouds Board Election Planning – Sam
- Election takes place in Feb 2021
- Nach not running next year
- Zeller will lead running election
- Andy W, Maggi, Ty will all help with setting up election
- Silent Auction – Zeller, Meagan
- Total Sports Enterprises will be hosting auctions as well donating items to the auction.
- Links on Slack
- Not our auction (that should be up Monday or Tuesday) but this is an idea of what our auction will look like: https://www.32auctions.com/LPHYouthHockey
- Technology conversation
- Current observed issue, there is no one leading this issue.
- Dark Clouds cannot own anything regarding IT assets because we are not an entity.
- Technology committee will form to start process of getting all of IT more organized
- Nick R will lead this with Andy Kahl
- Nach is looking into bylaws that were ratified in 2019 around technology at that time.
- If this can’t be found, the technology committee will create something new.
VI. Open to Board
VI. Open to Public
VII. Set Date for Next Meeting
- Week after Christmas
- Formal date will be decided on Slack
- Meeting Adjourned @ 6:11PM