UPDATE: The event has been postponed to Sunday, December 23 at the same time and location.
UPDATE 2: The funds raised from this event will now support Iggy Strong. Iggy Strong is a fundraising campaign in support of Iggy Howells’ fight against cancer. Even if you can’t play, you can still support the fundraising campaign by showing up and donating at the tournament, or donating to the GoFundMe here.
We know what you can do in the stands, now we want to see what you can do on the pitch!
Join fellow Dark Clouds as they head to the Sanneh Foundation’s 7th Annual Legends Cup. This tournament promises to be a great time, and helps to raise money toward a great cause.
This event is open to all skill levels and ages–from Messi to downright messy.
Spots are limited, so be sure to get signed up soon!
Date: Sunday, December 23
Saturday, December 22
Time: 11:30am Draft and registration, games 12:30 to 5 PM
- 5 vs 5 plus a goalie for 6 vs 6 format
- Minimum of 3, 30 minute games per team
- This year’s cup will hopefully include 16 teams – 11 to 13 players
- 4-6 Future Legends ( open age group) Competitive
- 4-6 Legends Teams (30+ & 14U & below)
- 4-6 Supporters Teams (open age group) Rec
- We are also looking for 8 to 12 Coaches so some of our older legends can take part
- Call your own fouls
- Positive, friendly attitude
- Don’t be a dick
- Have FUN
- Register individually or by team
- $275 per team of 11 (registration to be paid by the Silver Lining in advance)
- $25 (min) cash per player at the tournament ($20 of entry fee is tax deductible as a donation)
- All $$$ raised + team entry fee goes to those in the soccer community experiencing medical hardships!
- In 2017, the Dark Clouds Silver Lining raised $675 and the tournament raised $3,200 through registration and donations. For the second year in a row, proceeds went to help the family of the coach John “Sly” Sylvester, a beloved member of the soccer community that we lost to ALS.
DETAILS AT A GLANCE
WHO: Dark Clouds and friends
WHAT: 7th Annual Legends Cup
WHEN: Sunday, December 23rd
WHERE: Academy of Holy Angels | 6600 Nicollet Avenue Richfield