We’re asking you to join us for a river cleanup event at Boom Island Park on October 10. Normally we would do this along with the Earth Day/5k Bee Run in April. But that event was canceled due to the pandemic.
RSVP is required for this event. Sign up for the River Cleanup by clicking here.
We’ll gather around the Boom Island park pavilion in Minneapolis at 10:00am for an intro and then we’ll take about two hours to fan out in the area to pick up trash. Bags will be provided. Please bring work gloves for yourself, as we are not able to provide those this time around.
We will be adhering to the Dark Clouds Covid-19 volunteer protocol:
- All volunteers are to follow the CDC Guidelines and Protocols
- Take your temperature before arriving and do not attend if you are sick or have symptoms of COVID-19 (i.e. fever, cough, or shortness of breath).
- Masks are mandatory for the duration of the event; practice social distancing by staying 6 feet away from others (refer to MDH and CDC guidelines)
- Use your own tools when possible. If they are shared they must be disinfected with alcohol/disinfecting wipes (DCSL will provide hand sanitizing station and wipes)
- Work with members of the same household when possible. Follow instruction of the event leader.
Socialization After the Event
We’ll have a have a safely distanced thank-you beverage together. Details on that are not yet finalized, but we will have some sort of beer and non-alcoholic drinks for everyone.
Details at a Glance:
What: Dark Clouds Silver Lining 2020 River Cleanup
When: 10/10/2020 (Sat.), 10:00am – 12:00am CDT
Where: Boom Island Park, 724 Sibley St NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413
RSVP Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0848acab22a7fc1-20202