Dark Clouds Board of Directors Meeting 5/11
The Board of Directors’ next meeting will be held over Zoom on Monday, May 11th at 6:00pm.
The meeting is open to the public. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to the online meeting.
Dark Clouds Board of Directors April Meeting Minutes
Virtual – Zoom
Board Members Present: Meagan Weber, David Zeller, Nach Karnik, Jack McFarland, Andrew Bruski, Andy Wattenhofer, Shaun Sapala, Maggi Heyer, Sam Solberg, Nick Rodriguez
I. Call to Order
Sam called meeting to order at 1:08PM
II. Approval of Minutes
Nach moved to approve, Zeller seconded. Minutes approved.
III. Reports of Officers and Committees
a. Treasurer’s Report – Andy Wattenhofer
- Sam will send copies of what Andy R had done in the past to help Andy W moving forward.
- A few unreconciled items to clean up – Merch team will follow up with on these
- Andy W has recommended to keep 12 months of expenses in the bank for WW expenses.
- This is a minimum
- WW is in good shape to get up through the rest of the year with no income.
- WW annual report statement:
b. Committee Updates
- Merch is at a standstill.
- May be able to ship safely soon without a need to have people moving around
- Several merch items are ready to go.
- Our scarf creator has said they can get us masks within two weeks.
- To ship and create there was a conversation needed with WW.
- Abe will be picking things up from the office and delivering them to Erin.
- Just membership things were going to be delivered to Erin
- Masks are being made – Sam
- We’ll wait for an official word on when a season is being started
- Social has been quiet only posting when really needed
- Bracket challenge for film/tv to get people talking/letting them know we are still here.
- Moving forward – Communication plan around what merch can and cannot do during this time when we get a more solid plan.
- Everything at a standstill.
- Waiting on WW word for shipping as well.
- Update on 56 brewing below
- Mar/Com has a thread of partners that we could push again.
- HopClouds is going to do a beer with Sisyphus. Would like to work together on party/get together with larger group
IV. Old Business
Update on Action Items from 03/22/2020
- Score Side update – Nick R / Andy R
- Will update when Nick hears back from Andy R
- Captain Morgan partnership update – Jack
- Brand manager had reached out last month
- They are focusing on partnering with supporters groups.
- Work with them on content like videos with other groups showing our culture.
- When travel is allowed again, rep will travel around and meet with teams and supporters groups at that time.
- Not a lot of action items given the state of the league and games not being played.
- 56 Brewing Collaboration Update – Jack
- Still planning to brew DC bear in May, nothing changed with timeline
- Will need to modify promotional efforts depending on the state of the world at that time.
- Zeller and Jack will discuss how to make this changes
- International Refugee Assistance Project (IRAP) World Refugee Day (June 20th) proposal posted in Slack – Sam
- Sam will email this week for updates and what this will look like.
- Sisyphus/mental health sports podcast collab – Jack
- Ike is on board!
- This will be on hold until we can figure out the best way to have this.
V. Other old business
- Tifo committee – Nach/Jack
- Stalled, will wait until we can have tifo. Tabled until next season.
- Dark Clouds virtual happy hour – Meagan
- No movement because maybe zoom is not the best tool to use.
- This might be something we use twitch to move forward with.
- Membership scarves and other merch – offer shipping? – Bruski/Meagan
- This is covered elsewhere.
- Scheduling a mid-season retreat – Nach
- Tabled until end of quarantine
VI. New Business
- WW board – Nach
- Putting forward strong candidates
- Identify who would be the best to run
- Post-crisis contingency planning – What do we do if: – Nach
- If games resume in-stadium
- If games are all played closed doors
- If there is a resumption of lockdown due to a second peak
- Games will start around June 8th, hopefully, we can discuss this in the May meeting.
- Streaming Possibilities
- Virtual Watch Parties – Already doing
- What it takes to be a capo/DCA?
- Amazon Prime with Chat
- Fred doing more gaming stream
- Player interviews
- Engage with Partners
- Anna doing skins on cars/other ways to get partners into games
- Reach out to Grant Wahl
- Sam will reach out to ISC about getting MLS games
- Charity auctions
- $165 raised on first scarf
- Second scarf will go live next week.
- Jan soccer boots have been offered up.
- Shipping will be an issue, currently.
- Possibly working with the team on helping out with this.
VII. Open to Board
- Next month’s meeting will be posted on google calendar to have it open to the public.
- Can we use old merch to make masks?
VIII. Open to Public
IX. Set Date for Next Meeting
Will be set on Slack
Meeting adjourned at 2:57PM