In a collaboration with the True North Elite, the GBC, and MNUFC, the Dark Clouds have officially updated their Supporters Section Code of Conduct (CoC).
This CoC is shared by all who sit/stand/bring-the-ruckus in the supporters section, and will be displayed prominently at the entrance to the section, as well as on the Dark Clouds and True North Elite websites.
The MNUFC Supporters Section Code of Conduct is as follows:
Minnesota United FC Supporters Section Code of Conduct
MNUFC fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Supporters are encouraged to cheer, sing, wave flags and otherwise support Minnesota United FC while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players.
- Supporters enjoy the soccer experience free from fighting, thrown objects, attempts to enter the playing field, inciting messages, and disorderly behavior, including foul, sexist, racist, obscene or abusive language or gestures.
- Supporters promptly return the ball to a stadium staff member or the ball kid on the sidelines in the event that a soccer ball enters the stands.
- Alcoholic beverages are consumed in a responsible manner and only by those of legal age.
- Supporters comply with requests from Minnesota United FC supporter leaders and stadium staff regarding policies and emergency response procedures.
- Supporters conduct themselves in a lawful manner to avoid incidents in the stadium, concourses, and in the parking lots.
What happens when these rules are broken:
Individuals who break these rules may be given a verbal warning if the infraction is light enough, or the person may even be subject to a ban from the section/away travel. Minor infractions get a yellow card. Only major infractions get a red card. Two yellows equals a red. The severity of a conduct violation will be determined by a Supporters Conduct Review board or by the team themselves, depending on the circumstances.
Yellow Card = warning
- A yellow card given in the first half of the season applies for the rest of that season and will not apply the following season.
- A yellow card given in the second half of the season applies for the rest of that season and half of the following season.
Red Card = ban
- A red card at any time applies for the rest of that season and for the entirety of the next season.