When MNUFC play Indy Eleven on July 9th, we’re taking our third annual trip to Indianapolis! This time we’ve got a bus sponsored by Summit Brewing Company that will ferry 55 Dark Clouds to the game and back!
We’ll be driving down Saturday, spending the night in Indy, and returning on Sunday evening. We’ll be staying 4 Dark Clouds to a room at the hotel (see the FAQ below for how we’ll be assigning rooms).
We only have 55 spots and we’re expecting a full bus. Make sure you don’t miss out (and save some cash) by booking early.
Trip Ticket Prices:
Early Bird Price (June 7 – June 20): $80 + $5.39 Eventbrite fee
Regular Price (June 20 – July 4): $100 + $6.49 Eventbrite fee
Included in this price is:
– Return bus ride from Saint Paul, MN
– Ticket to the game
– Shared hotel room at the Motel 6 on Rockville Road
If you purchased a deposit for this trip, you will receive a special code in the e-mail that will credit you $6.27 (the $5 deposit and the $1.27 fee) towards purchasing a seat on the bus. We will reserve your spot on the bus until June 26 when it will be given away. Your code will continue to work after that date but the bus may be sold out.
Can I see an Itinerary?
– Depart 4:30 am on Saturday, July 9th
– Arrive in Indianapolis at 3:30 pm
– Start tailgating at Michael A Carroll Stadium at 5:00 pm
– Kickoff is at 7:00 pm
– First return bus to the Motel 6 will be right after the match
– Second return bus to the Motel 6 will be at midnight
– Breakfast with the Brickyard Battalion (Time TBD)
– Depart Indy after breakfast
– Return to Twin Cities at 8:00 pm
Why aren’t we driving back overnight?
Besides the fact that it’s absolutely miserable to try and get a night’s sleep in a bus seat?
We’d need 2 drivers and 7 seats would be converted to a bed for off-duty driver. That’s 7 fewer friends that can join us on the trip. There are other reasons but comfort and capacity are the big ones.
Who will I be roomed with? How many people will be in each room?
Roommate assignments will be made on the way to Indy. You will have a chance to see who else is on the bus and group together. We’ll help facilitate matches for everyone.
Rooming preference will be given to (in this order):
1. Those who prefer single gender rooms
2. Friend/Family groups that would like to be in the same room.
Every room will have 4 Dark Clouds.
What are the sleeping arrangements in each room?
Each room will have two double beds. Everyone should bring along a sleeping bag. Each room will need two people to use the sleeping bags. We promise that it’s more comfortable than trying to sleep in a bus seat.
What should I pack?
– Food and drink for the tailgate (local beer and scarves are popular swap items)
– A sleeping bag
– A change of clothes
– Basic toiletries (toothbrush + toothpaste, soap) – Don’t assume the hotel provides anything except towels
– A full water bottle for the bus
Will the bus have a restroom?
Yup. Also outlets and wifi.